2 a quantity added (e.g. to make up for a deficiency) [syn: supplementation]
1 add as a supplement to what seems insufficient; "supplement your diet"
2 serve as a supplement to; "Vitamins supplemented his meager diet"
3 add to the very end; "He appended a glossary to his novel where he used an invented language" [syn: append, add on, affix]
- Something added, especially to make up for a deficiency.
- An extension to a document or publication that adds information, corrects errors or brings up to date.
- An additional section of a newspaper devoted to a specific subject.
- An angle that, when added to a given angle, makes 180°; a supplementary angle.
- : A vitamin, herbal extract, or chemical compound included with a diet to enhance muscular development.
supplementary angle in geometry
addition to a diet in bodybuilding
- Czech: doplněk
Supplement may refer to:
PS, Parthian shot, accession, accessory, accident, accidental, accompaniment, add to, addenda, addendum, additament, addition, additive, additory, additum, adjunct, adjuvant, afterthought, annex, annexation, appanage, appendage, appendant, appendix, appurtenance, appurtenant, attachment, augment, augmentation, auxiliary, back matter, chorus, coda, codicil, collateral, colophon, complement, conclusion, concomitant, consequence, contingency, contingent, continuance, continuation, corollary, double take, dying words, envoi, epilogue, extend, extension, extra, extrapolation, fixture, follow-through, follow-up, fortify, happenstance, incidental, increase, increment, inessential, insert, last words, mere chance, nonessential, not-self, offshoot, other, parting shot, pendant, peroration, postface, postfix, postlude, postscript, recruit, refrain, reinforce, reinforcement, rider, second thought, secondary, sequel, sequela, sequelae, sequelant, sequent, sequitur, side effect, side issue, strengthen, subscript, subsidiary, suffix, superaddition, supplementation, swan song, tag, tailpiece, undergirding, unessential